Franco Cavaleri is a biomedical research scientist focused on the pharmacology and therapeutic potential of natural medicines.
With a BSc in Human Nutrition and a postgraduate PhD candidate (current status), Franco is focused on nutritional biochemistry and nutraceutical pharmacology along with the pathology of inflammation and inflammatory disease. His current doctoral initiative is being executed at UBC Faculty of Medicine/ Experimental Medicine.
Research by Category [links to research]
Patents and Patents Pending
About Franco: Synopsis
Franco Speaks candidly about the Vancouver Sun
Franco Cavaleri is a Ph.D. candidate in the last phase of a doctoral program at the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Medicine and holds a B.Sc. in Nutritional Science
PhD Candidate at the University of British Columbia
Franco Cavaleri is currently (2012-2017) completing the final phase of his Doctoral degree in Experimental Medicine at UBC’s Faculty of Medicine.
- His research focus includes the pathology of neurodegenerative and inflammatory diseases/syndromes. His research focus is on curcuminoid pharmacology in the context of disease pathology; primarily NFkB modulation and MSK1 (MAPKinase) regulation. His work has resulted in medicinal discovery. He has also proposed a new paradigm for Alzheimer’s disease based on his findings and a proposed influence by heavy metals. These new subcellular events have been proposed to be an underlying driver for Alzheimer’s pathology and possibly even that of Parkinson’s disease. NOTE: This Alzheimer’s disease-related proposal is currently still being investigated; is not peer-reviewed; and has not been currently proven.
Conflict of Interest Notification in relation to funding of this research: Franco Cavaleri is the owner of a biomedical research group – Biologic Nutrigenomics Health Research Corp and Biologic Pharmamedical Research, that funds and executes research on the pharmacology of nutritional and nutraceutical agents that are studied in the context of disease pathology including characteristics that have been associated with inflammation and dementias. The author/researcher is also the owner of related Intellectual Properties.
BSc. from the University of British Columbia
- Cavaleri graduated in 1991 from the University of British Columbia, where he majored in Human Nutrition. His research interests were pursued in a private research setting in a move to maintain commercial control and corporate ownership of the pharmacological property. He continues to focus on the latest gene-related and insulin-related nutraceutical research working with human, canine and other models (species-specific nutrigenomics).
- Franco Cavaleri has been a regular lecturer to pharmacy and other healthcare organizations introducing the pharmacology and drug interactions of some key nutraceuticals and how they too relate to nutrigenomic activity. He regularly lectures to healthcare professional and layman audiences around the world.
Franco’s first phase work in the PhD program led to completion of relevant Review Papers currently published in – Elsevier’s Medical Hypothesis. These articles present his findings and views on Alzheimer’s disease and are accessible through public medical library archives- Pubmed. In these peer-reviewed forums he presents a new perspective on Alzheimer’s disease; a new model for the pathology and potentially a new approach to the treatment and prevention. He also proposes a link between Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. The two medical journal article links:
Curcuminoid pharmacology is a central research interest for this scientist on which he has generated journal articles that are currently in the queue for publication. Journal papers are in review phase and present his latest breakthrough laboratory findings that support novel discovery and recent patent applications on the anti-inflammatory activity of curcuminoids.
- New curcumin ingredient aims for high level of one specific curcuminoid to boost anti-inflammatory activity
- Rhema Health Products receives Health Canada approval with NPN registration number for curcumin BDM30 breakthrough discovery at Biologic Pharmamedical Research
Peer-reviewed Journal Article: As published in the Journal of Preventive Medicine and others
IMPORTANT: Conflict of Interest Statement. The author/researcher is the owner of a biomedical research group – Biologic Nutrigenomics Health Research Corp and Biologic Pharmamedical Research, that funds and executes research on the pharmacology of nutritional and nutraceutical agents that are studied in the context of disease pathology including characteristics that have been associated with inflammation and dementias. The author/researcher is also the owner of related Intellectual Properties. author copyright Franco Cavaleri PhDc
Franco Cavaleri has published medical journal articles presenting his findings and views on Alzheimer’s disease accessible through public medical library archives- Pubmed. In these peer-reviewed forums he presents a new perspective on Alzheimer’s disease; a new model for the pathology and potentially a new approach to the treatment and prevention.
- Review of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Alzeimer’s Diseases Helps Further Define Pathology of the Novel Paradigm for Alzheimer’s with Heavy Metals as Primary Disease Cause
- Paradigm shift redefining molecular, metabolic and structural events in Alzheimer’s disease involves a proposed contribution by transition metals. Defined lengthy preclinical stage provides new hope to circumvent advancement of disease- and age-related neurodegeneration
Ketosis, Ketones, and Ketogenesis
- Ketone Salts and the Sodium Paradox
- Glucose Versus Ketones Versus Ketoba for Cellular Energy
- The Challenges Around Ketosis
- Your Metabolism on Ketoba
- Ketones vs Ketoba
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles: As published in the Journal of Preventive Medicine; Current Research in Diabetes and Obesity Journal and others
- Potential Synergies of β-Hydroxybutyrate and Butyrate on the Modulation of Metabolism, Inflammation, Cognition, and General Health.
- Butyric Acid Influences How β-Hydroxybutyrate Modulates Fatty Acid Oxidation and Ketogenesis To Support Ketosis.
IMPORTANT: Conflict of Interest Statement. The author/researcher is the owner of a biomedical research group – Biologic Nutrigenomics Health Research Corp and Biologic Pharmamedical Research, that funds and executes research on the pharmacology of nutritional and nutraceutical agents that are studied in the context of disease pathology including characteristics that have been associated with inflammation and dementias. Some of the research is peer reviewd and some is not. The author/researcher is also the owner of related Intellectual Properties.
Franco Cavaleri and his team at Biologic Pharmamedical Research (www.biologic-med.com) currently have 5 natural drug patent applications in submission with the patents office with one at full patent status.
- Curcumin-based compositions and methods of use thereof.
- others listed at WIPO – World Intellectual Property Organisation.
Franco Cavaleri has published THREE books in the field of Health, Fitness and Nutrition, and has co-authored publications in related fields..
- a 550 page, 650 reference book dedicated to human health in relation to lifestyle, nutrition and genetics. POTENTIAL WITHIN is sold in bookstores, pet stores and health food stores in North America.
- Franco Cavaleri’s is the author of this health and disease management book, HEALTHY LIVING launched at the Ocean Avenue LLC convention in Orlando Florida the weekend of September 20, 2013. This book speaks to Obesity, Obesigenic lifestyles, thermogenesis and teaches how to make the right lifestyle choices that lead to better health spontaneously. Empowerment of spontaneous health management while providing lifestyle examples that incorporate the branded proprietary Ocean Avenue science-based technologies into sample days. Temporarily out of print.
Your Dog’s Health (formal medical review on PubMed)
- YOUR DOG’S HEALTH, is a reflection of Franco’s research into pet health, a body of work that paralleled the research presented in POTENTIAL WITHIN. YOUR DOGS HEALTH is designed to address canine health and disease in relation to lifestyle and nutrition and showcases the metabolic and genetic differences that result in disease vulnerability. It is sold in bookstores, pet stores and health food stores in North America.
- Your Dog’s Health is PEER-REVIEWED as of Dec 2010; CITED IN CANADIAN JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MEDICINE as “accurate and highly reference supported” clinical source of information. ALSO CITED IN the peer-reviewed PUBMED CENTRAL DATABASE; The Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research is published by Canadian Veterinary Journals Inc.; this peer-reviewed journal has earned a wide international readership through the publishing of high-quality scientific papers in the field of veterinary medicine. The Journal publishes the results of original research in veterinary and comparative medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2979001/
Potential Within Your Immune System: (To be published)
- Franco has completed a FIFTH literary work to be published soon—Potential Within YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM to unveil his recently completed nutrigenomic work related to autoimmunity and immune system empowerment.
Health Blog and Nutrient-Drug Interactions Database
- In 2008 Biologic Publishing Inc launches biologicnr.com Health Blog and Nutrient-Drug Interactions database (>9000 research supported drug-nutrient-nutraceutical interactions) developed from years of Franco Cavaleri’s investigative work.
A former soccer player and competitive bodybuilder, Cavaleri has won several titles including the pro-qualifier, IFBB Mr. North American Bodybuilding Championships.
- In April of 2004, Franco was inducted into the CHFA’s (Canadian Health Food Association) Sports Nutrition Hall of Fame for his efforts and contributions to the healthcare and sports nutrition industries. He also sits on the board of the Canadian Sports Nutrition Association. Press kit>>
- He has experienced success as an athlete to have won first place several bodybuilding titles including the ‘pro’ qualifier, IFBB North American Bodybuilding Championships (1992); Mr. Western Canada; Mr. British Columbia; Mr. Irone Ore Classics and more.
1992 IFBB Mr. North America Bodybuilding Championships; Redondo Beach California, USA
Standings: 1992 North American Championships – IFBB
Franco has built, from conception, 3 companies in the Nutrition Products Industry, which he then sold at maturity. Today, he serves as CEO, President, and Research Director of Biologic Pharmamedical Research and Chief Science Officer (CSO) of Rhema Health Products Limited.
Franco Cavaleri BSc PhDc, is the founder of multiple successful health research and development corporations each serving different niches: Champion’s Choice Advanced Nutrition, a sports nutrition company; Biologic Nutritional Research Inc., a health and wellness company. BiologicVet, a health and wellness products company for canines. More recent corporate startups include Biologic Publishing Inc., a company focussed on publishing and education, and Biologic Nutrigenomics, a company focused on researching nutrient-gene interactions related to health and disease; Biologic Pharmamedical Research, a drug research firm studying natural medicine pharmacology in the context of allopathic medical research models. Cavaleri’s mission and philosophy is conveyed through these corporations to provide education and other means for humans to maximize health, performance and personal potential in life.
Champion’s Choice Advanced Nutrition: Founder, President and CEO.
Founded 1991 and acquired by Nulife Nutrition LTD in 1998, the company was focused on research, development and sales of nutrient-based sports performance enhancement and recovery products and medicines to the North American marketplace.
NuLife Corporation (Canadian Arm): VP Sports Nutrition
Franco stayed with this corporation after the acquisition of Champion’s Choice; his role included research on nutraceutical applications, formulation; education; business development.
VitaHealth Corporation (USA): Consultant through NuLife Corporation.
Biologic Nutritional Research Inc: Founder, President and CEO
Founded 2001 and sold in 2006, the corporation continued the execution of the postgraduate research work; NFkB modulation; study of curcuminoid pharmacology; formulation of therapeutical protocols and products based on nutrigenomics – nutrient-gene interactions and the influence on inflammatory response.
BiologicVET: Founder, President and CEO
- Founded 2001 and sold in 2006
- Owned and operated by Biologic Nutritional Research
- BiologicVET is an additional brand of nutritional supplements designed by Cavaleri to maximize health and quality of life for cats and dogs.
- Developed, formulated, clinically validated and documented the BiologicVET nutritional product line for cats and dogs; launched into Canada, USA, Slovakia and Korea; also formulated and prepared the clinical data and studies for Weider Pet Health Products for USA and Canadian executions.
Biologic Publishing Inc: Founder and Chairman
Corporation founded in 2002 and run by Franco Cavaleri designed to publish and report on the investigative and clinical findings related to natural medicines.
Biologic Nutrigenomics Health Research Corp: Founder and Chairman
Corporation founded in 2006 and run by Franco Cavaleri designed to research and validate nutrient-gene interactions in relation to inflammatory response and insulin health.
JM Ocean Ave–CoFounder and Chief Science Officer
- Franco Cavaleri served as the Chief Science Officer and one of the founding members of JM Ocean Avenue (www.oceanavenue.com) , a company doing business in 30 countries at a rate greater than 50 million dollars in sales per year (June 2012-Oct 2015). Franco Cavaleri led the corporation’s scientific initiatives and research and development; education to the field – layman and medical- and provided the scientific data and support for regulatory approval in each country.
- He regularly presented his findings in lectures to university level pharmacy, medical and layman audiences around the world.
Biological Pharmamedical Research: Founder, CEO
Founded in 2015, Franco Cavaleri is the principal researcher and leads the research team at Biologic Pharmamedical Research (www.biologic-med.com), a private biomedical research organization involved in the research and development of nutrient and nutraceutical-based technologies or analogues of natural compounds. Using pharmaceutical or medical research models, the research firm helps define how key botanicals and nutraceutical active agents interact with and modulate cell signalling and behaviour.
Rhema Health Products LTD: Chief Science Officer
- Since 2016, Franco is the Chief Science Officer at Rhema Health Products LTD (www.rhemamade.com) where he applies experience, knowledge and patented technology to support nutraceutical formulations with the latest science. Franco’s mandate directly supports therapeutic and sports nutrition/nutraceutical formulation research and development; standard operating procedure (SOP) development/optimization; regulatory affairs; identification of pharmacological activity in the context of subcellular drug targets; and consumer and healthcare professional lecturing.
- Licensor to Rhema of patented and patent-pending technologies – BDM30 and KETOBA. Others are in the works.
Franco Cavaleri and his lovely wife Kimiko, are proud parents of two beautiful children. He practices his health and fitness philosophies and puts family, health and wellness first. Franco was born and has resided in Vancouver BC, Canada his whole life.
Franco’s Personal Philosophy:
To improve upon your own skills, knowledge-base and character in perpetuity is to hone your God-given gift with which you are expected to contribute to the improvement and advancement of humanity. To persist with discovery within and outside yourself and to apply these findings to serve your community is an obligation we each must take seriously in hopes of making a positive impact on mankind globally.
Biologic Pharmamedical is based on this personal philosophy.
Franco’s Personal story:
Initially driven by a passion to better understand nutraceuticals and nutrition in order to enhance performance during his quest to win the title of several North American bodybuilding competitions, Franco Cavaleri was struck with ulcerative colitis, a serious autoimmune disease. This disease derailed Cavaleri twice with hospitalization and with a prognosis of surgical intervention with prohibitive lifestyle consequences but was also the impetus that changed Cavaleri’s course of research forever. Cavaleri’s research into anti-inflammatory strategies, originally used to support recovery from training, quickly became focused on better understanding the pharmacology of natural medicinal agents to rehabilitate his ulcerative colitis, without surgical intervention. Cavaleri was able to overcome his disease without surgery!
According to Cavaleri, the key was to isolate an extract instrumental in reducing inflammation. Cavaleri achieved efficient separation of the curcuminoids within the curcumin extract and studiedf the pharmacology of each constituent independently in isolation. He was able to unravel the pharmacology of each constituent at a cellular and subcellular level in multiple cell lines and tissues. In this way, Cavaleri has discovered a way to predict curcumin and curcuminoid activity – the result is the new potential to design curcumin-based therapies with greater precision, with the ability to more selectively target subcellular proteins involved in development of disease symptoms and pathology, and increased efficacy by indication. These discoveries changed everything we knew about curcumin and set a new standard.
Franco Cavaleri is an experienced founder with a demonstrated history of working in the health, wellness and fitness industry. He is skilled and experienced in business planning and development, team leadership, coaching, sales, and dietary supplements. He is a strong entrepreneurial professional with thirty years experience in the Natural Health Products (NHP) industry in regulatory affairs, business development, research and formulation development, quality control, standard operating procedures optimization and executive and management team building.
He completed an undergraduate BSc majoring in Human Nutrition and a postgraduate PhDc (current status) focused on nutritional biochemistry and nutraceutical pharmacology along with the pathology of inflammation and inflammatory disease. His current doctoral initiative is being executed at UBC Faculty of Medicine/Experimental Medicine.
Franco is a best-selling author who is also published in Pubmed accessible medical journals. Franco is a former (1992) IFBB Mr. North America bodybuilding champion and has built three successful businesses in the NHP industry from concept to successful merger and acquisition.
I want to take an opportunity to bring perspective to the Vancouver Sun and other articles that have spawned from it; extending the claim that I call myself a doctor. First of all …read more>>